Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Ofsted obsession

In a break from normal service, a normal person has written in to ask for advice. Now, I have tried not to become star struck after the advice I have given to the rich and famous over the past few advises, so hopefully I will be able to send this troubled soul happily on their way.

"I really hope that you can help me. I've fallen in love with a man I met at work. Our eyes met across a crowded room as he glanced up over the top of his clipboard and I was smitten from that moment on. I know there's an age-gap between us, but I just adore the way he shuffles his papers at the back and scribbles his funny little notes. I try to 'pretend he's simply not there' - but it's impossible. The problem is that he's an OFSTED inspector and I know that my colleagues in the staffroom will never accept him. Whatever shall I do? Yours, A Teacher"

Well, A, I'm thinking you need to pull this inspector as soon as possible in order to assure a good grade for yourself. If your colleagues won't accept him then what do you care? Grade 5 for the lot of them I say. Alternatively, you could always tell them he has changed career to a serial killer or an animal experimenter if it will mean your colleagues accept him more easily. Hope that helps, A.