Monday, September 20, 2004

Drinking on the cheap

Its been a while since my advice was needed, but I am as keen as ever to dispense my wisdom to those in need.

Sebastian Tarquin Buttersworth (esq) writes "Seb here ... Need advice - and pronto ... I'm running out of money and can't afford beer - could you please give me some fantastic ideas on how I could be sociable, but also keep the cost down."

Well, Sebastian, you have two choices. One option which many adopt is to go to the pub, get into a round and then run away when your round comes around. Obviously, this only works once or twice before people get on to you and give you a slapping. A second and better option is the house party arrangement. Invite people round, tell them to bring beer and then drink all their beer when they arrive. They will be so drunk by the time the beer runs out that they will never suspect you. They may also leave beer and wine behind. The perfect crime. Hope that helps, Sebastian.