Saturday, September 18, 2004

Rock request

I have had an interesting request for help from Tommy Tipplebum who writes: "I have a sudden desire to listen to some loud rock music, preferably with a folk-y influence. And it must be (mostly) Spanish. Do you know of any such music. It's a crazy craving I know, but surely - if such a band did exist - they'd have to be the best band in the world. I'm fed up of listening to Wham!, Kylie and the bloody Smiths"

Well, you lucky person, allow me to advise that you listen to Mago de Oz (known as the Oz to friends). They are surely the best band in the world and must be listened to very loud. Its probably for the best if you don't understand Spanish as they surely sing about rubbish, but they rock! Their back catalogue is available in all good El Cortez Ingles stores in Madrid, and includes a Rock Opera. I recommend 'Belfast', but stay away from 'Somewhere over the rainbow' Hope that helps, Tommy.