Sunday, September 26, 2004

What not to wear?

Wilma Worrywort has emailed me with a problem as old as time: "I have a problem and I really need your advice. I can tell you're a snappy dresser as your page is so stylishly dressed in that glamorous pink colour and it is fashion advice I need. I've been invited to an informal social gathering, someone I really want to impress will be there and so I am stuck with the eternal feminine question: what shall I wear? Although it's a casual do I don't want to look scruffy and I do want to look drop-dead gorgeous. What do you think?

Well, Wilma, it is true that I have exceptionally good fashion sense, and so you have come to the right place. I would recommend that you do not try too hard, as this screams desperation. Dress casually, but just because you are single in your late 20s it doesn't mean you have to let yourself go. Combing your hair can make all the difference, as can a bit of make up. However, if you pull him you will probably end up not wearing any clothes anyway, so it won't be an issue. Hope that helps, Wilma.